Substance Abuse Adult Intensive Outpatient
Southwest Alabama provides treatment and rehabilitation for substance abuse and/or chemical dependency. Southwest offers Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) in Monroeville, Brewton and Atmore. Each facility is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Primary program activities are conducted from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Over the phone screenings for admission to the program can be completed by calling 1-866-933-1355. The treatment program consists of three phases, Phase I - 12 weeks, three nights per week, Phase II - 28 weeks, three nights per week and Phase III continuing care one night per week for 26.
The program gives preference in admission to individuals with substance use disorders in the following priority.
- Pregnant individuals with intravenous (IV) substance use disorders.
- Pregnant individuals with substance use disorders.
- All other individuals with IV substance use disorders.
- Women with substance use disorders and dependent children.
- All other individuals with substance use disorders.
Services to be Provided
Services are designed to meet each consumer's needs and goals to include, as needed:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- On-going monitoring and regularly assigned home assignments
- Family therapy, as appropriate
- Referrals to inpatient treatment, as needed