Mental Illness Adult In-Home Services
Southwest provides In-Home Intervention services for adult consumers in Escambia, Conecuh, Monroe and Clarke Counties. In-Home intervention provides time limited, home based services provided by a treatment team (two person team, one master's level mental health professional or Registered Nurse and one bachelor's degree) to defuse an immedicate crisis situation, stabilize the family unit, and prevent out of home placement of the consumer. The goal of in-home intervention is to stabilize crisis situations, to avoid and prevent psychiatric hospitalizations, and to increase compliance with mental health services. Additional goals are to improve functioning, facilitate recovery, achieve personal life goals, regain self-worth, optimize illness management, and help consumers become productive participants in family and community life.
Key service functions include as necessary:
- Individual /family counseling
- Crisis management (24 hour availability)
- Family therapy or family/support education
- Case management
- Medication monitoring (includes medication administration if an RN is a member of the team)
- Mental Health Consultation
- Basic Living Skills
- In-Home support - provision of services by the bachelor's level team member when the master's level therapist is absent.
In-Home Intervention Services are generally available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., with 24-hour availability for crisis management.